THE ETAPE DU SUSSEX
The difference in terrain on route means that to set your best time on the Etape du Sussex and get that coveted gold standard, you have to gauge where you personally can make up the most time.
Do you go hard in the first half, climbing the hills as quickly as possible and then hope you can keep the speed in your legs for the rest of the route? Or do you take it slightly easier on the hills in the first half, to be able to put your maximum effort into the flatter roads in the second half back to the finish?
Whatever tactic you choose to get your best time on this Cyclosportive there is no doubt that this is a good ride along some reallly pictureque roads in Sussex.
There are 3 routes on the Etape du Sussex Cyclosportive.
The Classic Route 87 miles
The Challenge Route 60 miles
The Tour Route 47 miles
Click on the route buttons on this page to find out more about the routes
The Etape du Sussex Cyclosportive has an abundance of very fast exhilarating descents. For example, riders descend the infamous Kidds Hill where great care should be taken, as speeds above 40mph can be achieved.
Please descend with great caution on Kidds Hill. The bottom of the hill narrows due to a small bridge over a stream and if a car is coming the other way it can be a bit of a squeeze to get through.
All entrants should be aware that we stipulate that all riders should wear a helmet when taking part in any event in the Road Ride Events cyclosportives series.
At the event
- Fast Signing on in the morning.
- Choice of 3 routes, riders can change route they do on the day if they like, even on route.
- All routes comprehensively marked with arrows
- Map and emergency number available to riders when signing on.
- Three Feed Stations for the Classic Route 87 miles All feed stations have toilets All feed stations have free energy drink for riders.
- All feed stations have free savory foods for riders
- Mechanics available on route
- All riders are electronically timed and Gold, Silver, or Bronze standards are awarded.
- All riders are awarded certificates for their rides which are downloadable from SI Entries
- Different standard awards given for age groups and men and women.
- Great event photos. Avelo Images are the official photographers.
- Free snack meal to enjoy after the ride.
- Massage available at a specially reduced price at the event.
- Broom wagon available.
- Road Ride Events Loyalty discount to other events for all riders who enter via the on-line SI Entries system.
- Great discount to the Burgess Hill Springtime Classic in 2023.
- FREE Secret Training Bottle and other products.
- FREE Continetal Race 700c inner tube